History & Restoration
Flushing Library & Community Hall

The Old Library and Community Hall gets a new life!

A long established fixture of Flushing, Mi, the old library and community hall served the area well for almost a century before it fell into disrepair and disuse. A group of citizens who couldn't bear to see the grand old structure destroyed, formed a foundation dedicated to the restoration, renovation and repurposing of the facility into a modernized and rejuvenated banquet and meeting facility.

From City Hall to Banquet and Meeting Hall

On September 29, 2011 the building was dedicated to Tom and Jean Parrish Community Center. Mr. and Mrs. Parrish have been a part of the community all their lives. They married in 1945 and in 1958 they settled in Flushing permanently. Here they raised their four children Janet, Susan, Bonnie and Thomas; all of whom graduated for Flushing High School. As an active local businessman, Tom served as the Flushing Chamber of Commerce President in 1969. During his tenure, they purchased the Flushing Chamber of Commerce's very first office, at 133 East Main Street, which served as the organization's headquarters for 43 years. Mr. Parrish, an avid follower of the stock market, also owned and operated several businesses in the area. The Parrish Family has been long-time supporters of the Flushing Community. It is therefore fitting that this building be named in their honor.

The Team was Assembled and the Work began

A team of dedicate citizens was assembled and on April 2, 2011, the work crew began the daunting work of stripping out the old damaged fixtures and amenities.

The foundation was originally formed by a generous donation from John and Sally Goggins. The Goggins Hall is named after them for recognition of all they have done for the community and this project. The Goggins Hall was dedicated on April 14, 2012 in a Tax Eve Bash Celebration.

Take a Virtual Tour of the Restoration

Walk through the hall and the neighborhood with our virtual online tour.Start Your Tour Here

Years of Neglect Had Taken Their Toll

The painted vaulted ceiling in the main hall was peeling and cracking. Floors were replaced and the crumbling fireplace was restored.